Help Me Pick New Logo Through 3 April 2016!
I am in the process of running a logo design contest on 99designs and have created a poll with 6 of the best logo designs I've received. I would love for you to vote on the logo design. It only takes a minute.
Like Sci-Fi? Read My New Online Fiction Series.
Do you like Sci-Fi? While I finish up my next novel, I have started an online fiction series called Forbearance. Picking up from the canteen scene in Bellicose, we meet Keius Minjen, a postal marine, as he tries to survive the battle planet Guna to exact revenge and one day liberate his homeland.
Sign-up if you want me to send you news about upcoming installments of Forbearance or my other writings.
The exact dates of some events are unknown due to the multiple calendar systems in use for much of the Imperium Era. Primarily, this is to help us illustrate things on the Macropedia.
Before the first decline, the Souldogle Fic was formed. During the First Decline, that corporation’s star systems remained in communication. This lead to the forming of the Hegemonic Economic Trade Group.
The Imudring traders are trapped in various systems and are forced to scratch a bare existance. Many “tribes” disappear.
- Beginning of First Decline
- A rebel servant of the Oligarchs, Kazam-Re, founds the Vadian Free Republic.
- The Riojier Commonwealth forms in the Riojier System.
- Possible migration of Raoul Tammerik and some Vadians to Fasantauri System.
- Those worlds later known as the Imperial Core Worlds attempt to maintain contacts with each other.
- Rise of the Tawmerik and Perez families in the Fasantauri System as competitors to the Oligarchs. The Patricians Wars in the Fasantauri System as Oligarchs and lesser families battle for dominance. Krezil Stock Market Crash and collapse of the kingdom of Krezel in the Fasantauri System begins the political unification of that system.
- Kemen Febrer Suwor first postulates possibility of hop pollution.
- The Helsmunt Institute is founded.
- Anthorph cultures grow on many worlds.
- The Iadian Massacre.
- The colony on Odni Planyeti fails.
- Bafiktuy Intelligence Directive founded.
Imudring traders become a significant source of trans-system trading, and remain so throughout the remainder of the Imperium.
Bitanium Fibre Exploration Corporation founded in the [Star Systems](/macropedia/star-systems)/Novya Siberia system.
Celtainu resurrects hyperspace navigation and the Dio en Mashino. The Twist of Fate, an interstellar vessel using the new hyperspace capabilities, makes its maiden flight. Benita Perez negotiates settlement with Helsmunt Institute and catalyzes the Republican and Imperium eras. Standard Calendars use Dio en Mashino as foundation year for tracking dates.
Republican Era (ADEM 1 – ???)
- Founding of Klister University.
- The writing of the influential Republican Papers by Janoos Welkred.
- Formation of the Committee of Ten-Thousand Flowers
- Formation of Deltai-Cathian League
- Formation of the Terran Republic, orchestrated in part by Alistair Cormwite, with Reth Tawmerik I as prime minister. ** The planet Corrigan is selected as its capital.
- Quixotic Maelstrom discovers the Iadian System with a horrible past. And then happens upon the Riojier Commonwealth is captured, sparking the Commonwealth’s growth into an interstellar empire of its own. Revelations about the ship’s owner, BFEC lead to its bankruptcy, and the assets are purchased by the Tawmerik Family.
- Major new archaeological and anthropological theories developed: Formulation of the Denuded Earth Theory. Jiao Banner Sphere is discovered.
- Hagurin Character Set developed.
- Veltrane Fres Volon becomes second Prime Minister of the Terran Republic.
- Bafiktuy Intelligence Directive gains a lot of power by information brokering. Under its director Charl Bovit, it becomes an instrument of terror. The Assimilysis technique is developed, but remains unknown throughout this period.
- Attempted impeachment of Prime Minister Veltrane Fres Volon, but he eventually resigns.
- Voshium Insurrection begins. ** The Terran Republic sends in troops, lead by General Reth Tawmerik, and the Insurrectionists are defeated and Messen Fremezulejo is captured.
- Frontier Scout Fleet founded to explore human space, and in particular, those worlds initially colonized during the First Expanse.
- Governance of the independent Deltai-Cathian League slowly devolves to the Cathian Navy.
- Bafiktuy Intelligence Directive detains and tortures Alear, sometimes credited with putting him on the mystic path to martyrdom.
- Benita Perez becomes the last Prime Minister of the Terran Republic.
Early Imperium (ADEM ??? – ???)
- Terran Republic collapses under Benita Perez. Although often credited with orchestrating its fall, Alistair Cormwite disappears from the public eye after the coronation of Reth Tawmerik I as the first Emperor of the Tawmerik Dynasty. ** Corrigan is retained as the capital.
- Tao Sunni religion gains a fashionable popularity
- Start of the First Quijrad-Lkrada War.
- Perez spends 30y in prison, Furnoklin Taschera released her under a highly-controvertial recess decision.
- Committee Ten-Thousand Flowers becomes Perez’ work upon release, until her assassination (untimely demise).
- Committee Ten-Thousand Flowers disbanded, absorbed into the Imperial Government
End of the First Quijrad-Lkrada War.
Apocalyptic Alaerian Cult sparks Frontier Rebellion which includes the… Bang Hai Nok Incident which… seeds the King Traih League. opens the Cathian Navy to Anthorphs. Reth Tawmerik II charters the Imperial Congress charters the Librarian Society. assassination of Reth II’s son and heir, Cezan Tawmerik by the Mnovellii Collective ** first uses of Unstable Particle Projectors in combat
Sedren Tawmerik, son of Cezan Tawmerik, becomes third Emperor begins a campaign to cower and even wipe out those he perceives as enemies of the Imperium makes the Hagurin character set the official method of communications for the Imperium ** passes the Rights of the Imperial Citizen
Kanth Tawmerik crowned Emperor. Trilis Incident weakens Cathian Navy’s independence streak. Cathian Navy negotiates service to Imperium under Kanth. ** The Empress Zophia separates from her husband and founds the Zophian Sisterhood, an offshoot of the Tao Sunni religion.
Lendth Tawmerik succeeds Kanth. Wecing Doozium attempts to forge an federation of the Imudring people. and is soon accused of being a BID agent and sentences to death, and his federation dies with him. Gawdain Tawmerik commissions the first Parthas Class Vessels The Dreohedge Gevar is commissioned for Klister University.
Ewol Tith, a wealthy philanthropist, founds the Tithian Foundation to fund and support new colonial efforts.
The Riojier Commonwealth vessel, the Anathazi-M’nru accidentally hops into Imperium space, and thus the Imperium and the Commonwealth become aware of each other.
Sometime in this period the first fteigar alloys appear.
High Imperium (ADEM ??? – ???)
This period is also frequently referred to as the Paco Imperia Tera, or Terran Impirial Peace. This period, relative to the others, experienced a greater stability than the other Imperium periods. Not that this period lacked conflict, but that such conflicts were on a lower, easier-to-manage scale, as opposed to system-wide general war. During this period, the anthorph security firms, such as the Dinzwar Gefera, and non-anthroph firms like the Gesceamian Choent were established and grew considerably. Also during this period, the Tawmerik Dynasty collapsed and was replaced by the Dabrian Dynasty. Also during this time, the Hegemonic Economic Trade Group caused the Muzigle Fiasco.
Technologically, Fteigar Alloy altered the nature of conflict back to a more melee style as opposed to long-range missles. Additionally, Enhanced Autonomous Research Laboratory vessels were designed and constructed. They eventually were proven to be failures, helping to diminish the Imperium’s financial status, prestige, and eventually, stability.
- Ying Clan becomes the primary source of advanced arms in the Imperium.
- Cho Lang Rih Tel Ohn presents his Primitive Population Regression theory.
- Imperial Congress forms the Reformed Bank of the Empire, which begins phasing in a unified currency; the Index Imperial.
- Hans Richter Kuber starts the Kuberian Movement that brings “spirituality” to the forefront of public debate.
- Muzgersun writes his Human History ** also reforms the Librarian Society, making it a much more effective organization
Falther Tawmerik takes throne * Failure of the Index Imperial currency and near bankruptcy of the Imperial office. * Falther dedicates the Kabal Nebrotensia to restoring Imperial wealth and power. Conflict ensues; first of a diplomatic nature, but later evolving into the Endyphad Konjrez proxy war between Congressional and the Emperor Falther Tawmerik’s loyalists. End of the Endyphad Konjrez. The Index Imperial currency is finally replaced by the Reform Imperial.
- Failure of the Tawmerik Dynasty and rise of the Dabrian Dynasty under Qanna Dabrian.
- Niomar Dabrian succeeds his mother.
- Merithian Revolution. The Engle Pogroms begin as Walcott Engle, advisor to Emperor Niomar, begins a violent crusade to weed Tawmerik supporters out of government. The Imperial Congress finally forces Emperor Niomar an end to the Engle Pogroms. ** Emperor Niomar abdicates in favor of his brother Quivar.
- The Frontier Scout Fleet discovers the hallucinogenic plant-like organism Esperopteris Koinsii in the Purivi-Donar System.
- Neo Tawmeriks and Perez Family evicted from Fasantauri System and Oligarchs re-exert direct control.
- The Lemardians, founded by Elkar Lemard, arise in opposition to the growing mysticism of the Imperium.
- The various offshoots of the Kuberian Movement begin to come into conflict with the Zophian Sisterhood.
- Increased availability and capability of [Fteigar Alloy](/macropedia/fteigar-alloy) items changes combat away from detached missiles and in favor of melee.
- Rise of Anthorph security firms, notably Dinzwar Gefera, and non-anthroph firms like the Gesceamian Choent.
- The Gahanian Seers sect forms
- The Tithian Foundation is largely sold off to the Soro Meldur Kafrah Bank after allegations of fraud and corruption are made.
The Heljyks attack the Imperium as it begins exploring deeper into the Periphery, sparking the Wars of Expansion. ** The Heljyks are defeated and the remnants turn to guerilla tactics rather than open warfare.
- “Golden Age” of Ivan Dabrian close ties with King Traih League founds Academy of the Imperial Fleet approves Nazir al-Shamuth to the Imperial Court of Cassation finally formalizes diplomatic relations with the Riojier Commonwealth. brings an end to the Third Quijrad-Lkrada War. dies without an heir Troubled times come to the Empire, leading to Grand Reforms series of weak or unfortunate Emperors Qanna Dabrian II Emil Dabrian Antius Trevus I * The Kuberian sects convince the emperor to pass laws that attempt to oppress the Zophian Sisterhood. economic instability Enhanced Autonomous Research Laboratory vessels constructed and ultimately become failures, losing much money and prestige for the Imperium. Gahanian Seers eventually agree to the Emperor Antius Trevus I’s request for a court seer, receiving a special tax dispensation in return. ** popular uprisings on many worlds
Grand Reforms mark the end of the High Imperium Grand Reforms make Umarian Guard subservient to the Imperial Congress rather than under the direct governance of the Emperors. Restore properties seized from the Zophian Sisterhood. ** Lemardians targeted by protesters and tacitly supported by the Imperium.
Latter Day Imperium (ADEM ??? – ???)
- Jubal II becomes Emperor. Comes into conflict with Imperial Congress. Unable to live under the thumb of the Imperial Congress, finally abdicates and becomes a private citizen.
- Qin Lop Shu formalized at the Conference of Religion and Science
- Ying Sho Dahn Drive Works founded by the industrialist K. Z. Zordon and given a special charter to operate outside the Imperium monopoly on hop drive manufacturing.
- Woth, the so-called Black Hand, escapes Voushniya and begins her horrible research program to create what she views as the next stage in human evolution Woth starts the Zenbrudi War with her humanoid creations, the Zenbrudi. Woth is captured, sentenced to death but escapes before the sentence can be carried out, not to be seen again.
- The criminal syndicate, X’kan Nimu Hal, first appears.
- The remnants of the Tithian Foundation are bought up by a shadowy group lead by Nindus Azrahn Felard.
- Reign of Jubal III Yousamin Faction appears in the Imperial Congress. The Tithian Foundation begins backing various racist anti-Anthorph groups, and printing anti-Imperial propaganda.
- Imperial Interregnum; death of Jubal IV, Premiere Durin Bonish (leader of the Yousamin Faction) leads Imperium. The Imperium finally takes action against the Tithian Foundation. Umarian Guard attempt to put forward their own candidate as Emperor, but Durin Bonish has them all charged with treason reduces Cathian Navy to police force seizes Ying Sho Dahn Drive Works and nationalizes it ends Imperial use of Bafiktuy Intelligence Directive reforms government structure, especially for system governements dissolves the Frontier Scout Fleet pursues the rebel Felard family and forces them to flee. sells [Star Systems](/macropedia/star-systems)/Zebrathan Eight to the Perkentov Covenent splits the corrupt Ministry of Transportation into the new government branch; the Route Mapping Commission and the private corporation the Oradian Shipping Conglomerate ** sees the evolution of violent splinter groups from the Kuberian Movement like the Muridian Avengers form
- A number operatives of the Bafiktuy Intelligence Directive join the Gesceamian Choent.
- Hjans Kreb Lakol becomes second Premiere. Attempts to complete Durin Bonish’s reform package by instituting new titles of nobility to replace the provincial and system governors. * Kresel Muthron named Tholomon of the Sabanian Province. Ying Clan contracts begin to dry up. The Gahanian Seers disappear without a trace, their ultimate fate a mystery.
- There are reports of Heljyk ships being spotted.
- Qadan Rom becomes third premiere Yousamin Faction falls out of favor and passes legislation making the OAC effectively an Imperium monopoly on interstellar trade and travel. Femaron Felard returns to the Imperium and takes under his wing the greater part of the remnants of the Bafiktuy Intelligence Directive. Plans begin in secret for the Yatharan Migration, lead by Kaldar Esra Yathara, to rescue as many Anthorphs as possible from the growing (and potentially violent) racism against the genetically altered.
- Ascension Cults begin visiting Odni Planyeti.
- Yisma Kiau Uprising ** The Gesceamian Choent is defeated and absorbed into the other Anthorph and non-Anthorph security firms.
Femaron Felard becomes last Premiere, and finally seizes the throne (known later as the Bloody Pretender). The Hundred Bloody Days begin. The Oligarchs of the Fasantauri System give aid to Femaron Felard, particularly large loans. The Zophian Sisterhood, under the leadership of Most Honored Sister Elenarai Fathame openly defy the growing genocide of Anthorphs. Destruction of Klister University. The Bloody Pretender orders the attack of [Star Systems](/macropedia/star-systems)/Xelicar due to its continued construction of a navy. The ensuing Xelicar War sees the defeat of Imperium forces. A few remaining members of the abolished Umarian Guard again form a guard to the Bloody Pretender The Yatharan Migration begins, and tens of thousands of Anthorphs flee the terrors of the Hundred Bloody Days. Sabanian Empire forms, so to speak. Tholomon Kresel Muthron declared Sovereign of the Sabanian Empire. Seizes Ying Sho Dahn Drive Works. Ying Clan annexed by Sabanians. Some vessels of the Yatharan Migration seek asylum, but the Sabanians are none to willing to offer aid. Femaron Felard is assassinated by his own guard. According to Scholar/Chang Singh, this is the end of the Imperium. The remnant of the Umarian Guard that served the Bloody Pretender are dealt with, finally ending the Guard once and for all. Yousamin Faction set up rival Congress and government to the Imperial Congress. Attempted reassembly of the library of Klister University by the Popelof Project.
The Ten Rapes of Corrigan
- The Fasantauri System collapses into civil war. Solomon Quain, a native of the Fasantauri System returns and begins battling the Oligarchs. * Quain is given aid by the ailing Imperial Congress.
- the New Diaspora begins
- attacks by Muridian Avengers
- disruptive influence of the Perkentov Covenent
- The survivors of the Yatharan Migration occupy some marginal systems and form the Anthorph Free State.
- Work begins on the Canticle of Hope, a hidden library and archive to store what can be recovered of humanity’s collected knowledge and wisdom. ** The Sabanian Empire demands to know the location of the Canticle of Hope and takes some scholars prisoner under threat of execution.